Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon

I mentioned before that I saw the movie How To Train Your Dragon in theatres on march 27, now I would like to talk about it. It was an interesting film that is for sure because I was actually willing to get up and leave the house to see it, which doesn't happen often. My critiquing of this movie begins with the negatives. It was a bit cliche for my taste, the story of a son trying to impress his father and of trying to understand another culture as been done to death. Also in the movie the main character loses a foot toward to end without much plausible explanation as to why. Now the positives, besides the fact that the story is cliche it's still rather good and is presented in a manner that was appealing to me as well as to the other I saw it with. Also about the foot, despite the fact that I don't know exactly how it happened I love the idea of the main character losing a piece of himself literally. Which fits since his dragon who also lost a body part much earlier in the film. To me for them to have the major character go through what he did and not come out unscathed has a deeper message that makes this movie more than just another family movie with a happy ending. In short I like this movie and recommend it to anyone I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment