Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why 3D?

As you may or may not have noticed 3D movies are becoming more frequent and popular in recent times. As to why is a question I ask myself quiet often, in fact it's everyday now because one of the movies i want to see this weekend is in 3D and proudly boasts it's extra dimension in the ads for it. Yes from Avatar to the new Clash Of The Titans remake 3D movies are getting more attention. Some would say it's because of advances in technology and that 3D is the future. It's as though people have forgotten that 3D films has been around as far back as the 1890's. Many remember 3D as a cheap effect to bring in teenage crowds to movies in the 1950's. One of my favorite comedy album's by Weird Al is called Weird Al in 3D which I have mentioned before in this blog, The reason is because back in the 1980's 3D was seen for what it is another poor effect to desperately bring in the wow crowd. I have even heard of Sony now selling TVs with 3D technology so you can enjoy the cheesing effects at home. It's obvouis that I am not a fan of 3D and never will be so to me this is funny and sad at the same time. And when you put on those goofy glasses, sometimes over a pair your already wearing, in order to watch these films all I say is Why 3D?

No comments:

Post a Comment